2% Throriated Tungsten offers good arc starting and is ideal for high current requirements. It is also good for low-amperage AC applications using a modified point.
- Principal Oxide: 1.7_2.2% Thorium Oxide
- Materials Welded: Carbon Steel, Stainless Steel, Nickel Alloy, Titanium, and Copper
- Radioactive - best for use in Direct Current (D/C) applications using transformer-based constant current power sources
- Best for use on non-corroding steels, titanium alloys, nickel alloys, copper alloys
- Good D/C arc starts and stability
- Medium erosion rate; medium amperage range; medium tendency to spit